Monday, October 18, 2010

2

The 2.0 mock up of my corset fits me mostly. A little bit of taking in seams and it is ready to add some boning and see if it is suitable for making a pattern out of.
 The original was an 1898 corset pattern for a stout woman. I found that if I put the gores in places the pattern didn't call for, it fit my body better. The first mock up was scrapped upon first fitting.  It needed to be taken in so many places it warranted a different size altogether. So the new size was traced and pattern cut out. Pieces rearranged, stitched together and voila. the minimum amount of what I wanted finished today is finished.

and I even checked out stumble upon as per beka's suggestion. This is the first item it gave me: foam printer
 Perfectly random if you ask me.

I would like to take a moment to brag about my husband.
I was talking with my friends Kat and Audra when David slipped into the room with a tray of snacks for us. He MADE for us one of my favorite desserts. Apple pie caramel apples. Apples dipped in caramel, then white chocolate, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
He got the best husband award for today.

So goal number two kinda accomplished. I blogged. Still am not sure what this will become, but I have twenty-nine more days to figure that out.

P.S. All those fancy names to the right under the section labeled thirty days are the people I am in this blog challenge with... so go read their blogs... go.

No comments:

Post a Comment