Friday, October 22, 2010

potential

A trip to Humankind yielded a pewter curiosity.
I had stood at the counter for a moment trying to determine what the item was. It had been labeled pendant or belt buckle but in truth had nothing attached that would make it either. The gentleman waiting on me claimed  it was the orion symbol from the never ending story. I told him he had it wrong. the one from the movie was two linked snakes. not lilies. he assured me it would grant wishes but could tell I was not buying his story. So he offered me a deal. I could have the mysterious pretty thing but I had to do something with it and bring it back to show him.

So it is mine. In trying to figure out what to do with it, I took a close look at it. the back is engraved Lindsay Claire   Canada    pewter  1991.

 Lindsay Claire exsists. what a handy little thing google can be. All sorts of pewter items to decorate with or give away. The best I can determine is that the lilies adorned a jar or something before it came off and was donated to the thrift store.

So, ya. so far kinda boring.

My item needs an exciting future to redeem it from it's mundane state.
So far I have thought of...
--Soldering it to glass and a pin closure to make it a large broach. it would be awesome pinned to the front of one of my future corsets.
--a trivet, would need to make it some feet, but it's kinda small. So probably not.
-- It would pretty circled in lace and sewn on a purse. That would be gift material there and Christmas is right around the corner.
-- button cover for the hidden latch into my secret lab. Well every Mad scientist has got to have a secret lab and mine would not open through the choosing of a book... that it so obvious.

3 comments:

  1. Hang it from a short, wide ribbon and wear it like a medal of honor on your chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for button cover for hidden latch to the secret lab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. knick knack!

    (couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete